Our client a manufacturer of high quality rigid and flexible packaging products is looking for a quality control and assurance manager to manage the QA department and develop and monitor the implementation of quality processes.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
Work Location: Nairobi
Reports to: Production manager
About the Company and the Job Profile
Our client a manufacturer of high quality rigid and flexible packaging products is looking for a quality control and assurance manager to manage the QA department and develop and monitor the implementation of quality processes. The quality control and assurance manager will ensure adherence of specifications and quality procedures at all stages are followed in the production process – receiving, in-line and dispatch processes to ensure business growth by providing high quality products that meet customer requirements.
• Develop and manage quality assurance processes and procedures and align these with changing business needs.
• Develop and manage the implementation of procedures for measuring equipment and instruments to allow correct assessment of product quality parameters.
• Coordinate and conduct trials in conjuction with Production & Sales Departments
• Ensure adherence to product specifications.
• Develop, review and ensure proper storage/availability of all documentation (Product, ISO Certifications, Training documents, customer audit trails etc).
• Recipe Management-aligned to customer specifications and cost effective BOM formulations.
• Ensure conformity and compliance of raw materials to all requisite government regulations & customer regulations.
• Conduct daily Analysis (Internal & External) of:
• Rejection Rate
• Customer Complaints & Corrective AP & Status
• Annual Customer Satisfaction Surveys
• Product Development
• Inspect final products to ensure conformance to quality standards.
• Improving production efficiency and managing waste.
• Skills & knowledge upskilling of QC & Production Staff.
• Supply Chain Quality Management
• (Quality of RM, Testing Procedure, Production Proceess, Customer Discussions, Approvals & Documentation)
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical/Industrial Engineering or a related field.
• ISO certification.
• Eight (8) years relevant experience with progressive management experience in a busy manufacturing environment preferably in the plastics industry.
• Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
• Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
• Knowledge of Hygiene standards (food production), Quality control (food production), Kaizen and Quality systems (ISO, CMMI, etc.)
• Effective Quality Control Analysis skills
• Knowledge of systems & customer standards of Injection Molding field
• Hands on experience working on an ERP
• Computer literacy
• Conflict and complaint resolution
• Good Analytical and reporting skills
• Training requirements analysis
• Compliance, process development and improvement
• Statistical Process Control
• Supervision Skills
• Ownership and Continuous Improvement
• Attention to details
• Time management
• Information seeking
How to apply:
If interested, send your updated CV and cover letter via "Apply Now Button".
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured