Summit Recruitment & Search
Admin & Office
The successful candidates must have a bachelor’s degree /Diploma in Travel & Tourism or its equivalent, at least 4 years’ working experience in the travel sector and experience working with Reservations systems.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
Reservations Assistant – Nairobi, Kenya
Our client, a Luxury Safari Camp is looking to recruit a Reservations Assistant to be based in Nairobi. He/ She will be responsible for planning itineraries, handling inquiries and working closely with the sales team, marketing and management is imperative as well as having the correct attitude towards all colleagues. The successful candidates must have a bachelor’s degree /Diploma in Travel & Tourism or its equivalent, at least 4 years’ working experience in the travel sector and experience working with Reservations systems.
• Handling enquiries in a polite, professional, accurate & timely manner and inputting the enquiries correctly into all systems i.e. Res Request
• Responsible for Direct Client and specific high-end agent bookings as allocated as well as ensuring all payments for their bookings are collected on time and correctly noted on the system.
• Building positive relationships with clients and suppliers through regular and concise correspondence, updates and other methods.
• Working with the team and assisting with day to day needs of the company as required.
• Constant dialogue with agents to assess their needs and improve the level of service provided to them.
• Maintaining and increasing knowledge of accommodations, activities and services available in East Africa as well as working with the rest of the team.
• Developing suitable safari itineraries through correspondence, including providing advice on what would best suit the client and ensuring all safari files are kept up to date with all correspondence to clients.
• Negotiating and requesting contract rates from 3rd party partner suppliers and booking all the 3rd party’s properties as required.
• Preparing an accurate quotation based on up-to-date rates for all requirements of the safari itinerary along with all relevant property/area information to assist the client in their decision.
• Co-ordinating safari services booked for clients, including confirmation and scheduling of these services with the necessary supplier/department.
• Have Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Travel & Tourism or its equivalent.
• Must have at least 4 years working in a Luxury Safari Camp.
• Demonstrate ability to accurately and in a timely manner deal with a large volume of enquiries is an advantage.
• Additional academic certificates in travel is an added advantage.
• A good knowledge of the luxury and niche safari industry is a plus.
• Be a good communicator and able to articulate themselves well in written English.
• Excellent planning, organizing and interpersonal skills.
• Sound decision making and a team player.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh 60,000
Career Level: Mid-Level
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Deadline: 15th June, 2023
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured