Previous experience as a school secretary or related administrative role.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
A school secretary answers the office phone and transfers calls as necessary, maintains student records, welcomes school visitors, and handles any day-to-day clerical needs required by the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone and addresses caller questions and concerns.
- Transfers calls to proper individual and/or department as needed.
- Mails student report cards, school brochures, and other necessary forms.
- Welcomes visitors to the school and provides directions around the building as needed.
- Types up and contributes to school bulletin or newsletter.
- Assists in designing and drawing up promotional and informational materials for parents.
- Sorts and distributes mail delivered to school office.
- Contacts parents in the event of student illness.
- Maintains student records and files.
- Uses computer database or filing system to update records as necessary.
- Manages and updates school calendar.
- Provides administrative support to principal or other upper level administrator as needed.
- Takes dictation and transcribes documents.
- Attends office meetings and takes minutes.
- Filling of documents.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintains professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Is capable of managing time efficiently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
- Works well with a variety of students, administrators, and parents.
- Exhibits ability to remain polite and calm when dealing with troublesome students or frustrated parents.
- Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of ICT
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing abilities.
- Possesses excellent telephone etiquette.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Is capable of handling confidential student records in a responsible fashion.
- Demonstrates familiarity with basic office equipment such as multi-line phones and scanners.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the related field is recommended.
- Previous experience as a school secretary or related administrative role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) office suite and other software programs.
- The majority of working hours will be spent in an office setting.
- Light physical activity such as walking and standing, is required on a daily basis.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured