As a Duka Assistant, you'll provide excellent customer service support to our customers, including answering questions about products, processing transactions and maintaining the appearance of the shop.
- Minimum Qualification: Highschool
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
In the Duka, you'll deliver positive experiences for customers as they learn, shop and get support. You'll exhibit composure as you learn from each new challenge and become experienced at uncovering customers’ needs, then following through with meaningful solutions. Not only are you the first person customers meet when they enter the store, but you’ll be the person who guides them — advising, selling, and even setting up their new products. You perform other roles within the store too, whether it’s maintaining visual merchandising or assisting team members. As a Duka Assistant, you'll provide excellent customer service support to our customers, including answering questions about products, processing transactions, and maintaining the appearance of the shop. The ideal candidate will have a passion for agriculture and excellent Customer Service.
- Greet customers and provide exceptional customer service including resolving customer complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Make recommendations to clients based on their specific needs, explain the benefits of various products and suggest products based on their needs.
- Operate the mobile payments register and process transactions accurately while keeping accurate records
- Stock shelves and maintain a clean and organized Duka
- Assist with inventory management, including ordering, receiving and stocking shipments
- Maintain knowledge of products and promotions.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the Duka is meeting sales goals
- Continuously develop knowledge of the industry and new products
- Provide feedback to management on customer preferences and Duka performance
- Manage one or more Duka temporary support staff who will support in daily tasks
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Sales and marketing experience especially in retail
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service
- Knowledge in Ms Office /Google suits
- Knowledge in English and Kiswahili
- KCSE Certificate
- Ability to work in a team
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
23 December 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.