Malaria No More UK (MNMUK) is part of a global movement that is determined to make this the generation to end malaria. To realise this vision, we are mobilising governments, influencers, businesses, and the public, inspiring them to commit funds, energy and resources to end the suffering and death caused by malaria and wipe out the disease for good
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:10 years
Malaria No More UK (MNMUK) has a straightforward objective – to end malaria. We believe this is achievable by building on the successes of the last 15 years and by bringing new resources to the challenge. In a rapidly changing world where fashionable issues come and go, the global community must be relentless in pursuing the end of the oldest, deadliest disease in human history.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic results-driven leader and campaigner fired with determination to bring an end to the injustice of people dying of a preventable and curable disease. They will be someone with the self-awareness to understand that such a task is best achieved through engaging and inspiring a multiplicity of diverse partners. They will be an innovative thinker and doer with an ability to prioritise and manage a portfolio of diverse stakeholders. As an articulate and confident influencer and communicator, demonstrating political awareness and sensitivity, the Africa Director will create sustainable relationships with, and represent the charity to, the highest level of Governments and multisectoral international and national partners.
This is an opportunity to design the future of the malaria campaign in Kenya – considering opportunities to scale MNMUK’s offer and models to other African malaria-affected contexts and build a set of critical partnerships to deliver on our mission. The postholder will be supported in this by the strong MNMUK team and group of Directors with international expertise in advocacy, communications, malaria and global health policy, and operations. MNMUK’s board continues to seek to expand representation of Africa-based trustees with a brief to oversee and support growth in Kenya and beyond. MNMUK has long-standing and deep relationships with numerous key partners working in Kenya and in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of MNMUK’s Kenyan and Africa strategies,including oversight of and accountability for delivery of the 2023 Kenya / Africa workstream objectives
- Lead the Zero Malaria Campaign Coalition (ZMCC) in Kenya through strategy implementation and project delivery activities.
- Lead the Kenya-based team, coordinating across the Africa work-stream with the rest of the organisation, developing talent and fostering personal and professional development for team members based in Kenya, and overseeing new recruitment.
- Build powerful partnerships with multisectoral partners(Governments, parliamentarians, businesses, talent, media, youth and faith champions, malaria-focused organisations, philanthropists etc) that enable the delivery of MNMUK’s ambitious objectives in Kenya and regions of SSA
- Represent the Kenya / Africa workstream as part of MNMUK’s LT and to its Board – including strategic communications to share opportunities and evolution of the strategy, delivery against MNMUK Board actions, and joint working on organisational priorities.
- Relevant Master’s degree qualification
- Experience of supporting teams through change process, motivating and encouraging leadership from individuals in service of results and futureproofing for growing organisations
- Experience developing and leading communications and advocacy partnerships and generating available resource to deliver major national and international results
- Track record in devising strategy, project design and delivery of ambitious goals
- Leadership experience of designing and delivering work which has influenced governments, parliamentarians, and the media to bring about change in policy, practice or funding in Kenya and – ideally – other countries in Africa
- Experience working in or around Kenya, other African and international political institutions
- Understanding of national and international resource mobilisation and political decision making and champion/influencer engagement as relevant to the role.
- Experience motivating powerful and influential individuals and organisations to become partners and use their power and influence to achieve ambitious objectives on behalf of a cause
- Experience bringing in significant new business/funding to enable ambitious project delivery, and managing major grant/business/client partnerships
- A willingness and ability to travel, particularly within Africa and to/from the UK, as required.
How to Apply:
Please make your application on our online recruitment portal, jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke. This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. Your application should be sent by 6th January 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications. Visit our website for more vacancies
MNMUK recognises the value of a team in which people from diverse backgrounds are able to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to delivering our mission to make Malaria No More. Candidates from historically marginalised or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured