Org. Setting and Reporting Responsibilities
• Master's the use of the Document Control system/data base gDOC in order to monitor and follow up submission of documents by electronically generated reminders and or by daily monitoring of documentation pipeline, provides author departments and committee secretaries with updated information, compiles statistics on compliance as required, and provides necessary information for forecast of documentation. Independently responds to queries from author departments and all processing units, particularly on issuance schedules.
• Processes requests of official documents of the United Nations Environment and UN-Habitat Assemblies and subsidiary bodies, as well as those of other non-calendar intergovernmental organs serviced by UNON and other work submitted for processing on reimbursable basis verifying mandates where applicable or financial information in the case of reimbursable submissions.
• Within the general UN documentation upstream planning policy and the language processing and distribution workflow, verifies legislative mandates and assists in the overall advance planning and scheduling of pre-session documentation in accordance with the “slotting system”. Organizes information required for the monitoring, following-up and updating of the schedule of documentation. Uses the relevant policies, guidelines, rules and regulations on control and limitation of documentation in order to evaluate submissions for processing and distribution. Adapts to changing procedures and modus operandi in order to implement ever-changing concepts for improving timeliness of documentation. Research and organize information, and compiles statistics on performance by department/organ.
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Trains and supervises new staff as appropriate.
• Carries out other tasks requested by the Chief.
• Performs general office management functions as required.
PROFESSIONALISM: Excellent knowledge of the rules and guidelines on documents as contained in the Pattern of Conferences resolutions; knowledge of the slotting system and waiver management; The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Ability to develop, monitor, follow up and update the submission schedule of documentation; knowledge of the relevant policies, guidelines, rules and regulations on the timely submission and control and limitation of documentation; ability to adapt to changing procedures and modus operandi of proactive documents management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing other's ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts following final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishment and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timelines for delivery of products or services to clients.
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Supplementary education in business administration, project management or information technology is desirable.
A minimum of seven (7) Seven years of progressively responsible experience in the documentation field with experience in documentation upstream planning and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, in particular databases and Excel, is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
Experience in documentation upstream planning and knowledge of a document management system is desirable.
One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in (oral and written) English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations Officials language is desirable.
NOTE: "fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and " Knowledge of" equals a rating of " confident" in two of the four areas.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by competency-based interview.
Special Notice United Nations Considerations No Fee
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured