One of our clients in the insurance industry is looking for an Assistant Underwriting Officer. The role will be responsible for assessing and acceptance of risks in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures in the company and ensure effective and efficient service delivery to customers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Compute competitive quotations in line with our underwriting values and discuss them with clients.
- Collect background information and assess risk
- Customer data analysis. Review, analyze customer data to evaluate the insurance gaps and make recommendations on products needed.
- Liaise with Insurance Companies and clients
- Following up policy document and renewal confirmations from Insurance Companies
- Follow up payments of the policies from the clients
- Ensure proper records of premiums received
- Prepare regular management reports on production and other relevant reports
- Prepare risk notes, debits notes and credits notes
- Prepare covers (New business and Renewals)
- Prepare and issue renewal notices
- Client relationship management including visitations and training
- Ensure balance business mix both on product and insurance companies.
- Assist to organize/manage awareness events
- Preparation and registering of daily production
- Notifying the insurer of the accident/loss
- Bachelor’s degree (insurance option) or Diploma (AIIK)
- Extensive knowledge of insurance products
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of packages
- Report writing, negotiation, Presentation, Analytical, Strategic thinking, Judgement and decision making skills
- Good oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours when the job so demands
- At least 2 years’ experience in insurance or finance related environment/background.
- Experience in working in a brokerage is an added advantage.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured