The radiographer’s main responsibility is to operate diagnostic equipment e.g. CT Scan, X-Ray and ultrasound to examine patients for illness or accident. The position will develop, implement and maintain appropriate clinical guidelines ensuring clinical effectiveness to optimize patient care. The position report to the Medical Officer.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follow:
- Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver accurate amount of radiation to patients
- Operate complex medical instruments such as CT scanners, X-ray, ultrasound, and several other imaging devices
- Position the patient properly into the beam of the radiation/ultrasound source and adjusting the proper exposure techniques for the optimum film resolution with the least radiation exposure to the patient.
- Place proper immobilization devices and protective shielding on the patient and take any protective measures for themselves and all other personnel in the radiation area.
- Calculate the length and time of exposure for the diagnosis and/or treatment of the affected area by knowing which exposure techniques need to be used in terms of KV, MA and time.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate clinical guidelines ensuring clinical effectiveness to optimize patient care.
- Use the proper size image receptor and technically adjust it to record the maximum visualization of an anatomic structure
- Ensure care, safety and physical comfort of the patient having radiographs
- Develop the image by automatic processing methods plus CR Imaging and distinguishing acceptable radiographs for the radiologist to interpret.
- Assemble completed radiographic exams with an appropriate file folder and maintain proper records.
- Assure patient privacy/confidentiality and dignity.
- Maintain proper records of patient details ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
- Engage the patient during the scan and explain to them the results within the radiographer’s scope
- Prepare accurate and clear reports to assist other clinical staff to make an accurate diagnosis
- Carry out minor maintenance and cleaning of the equipment and report any malfunctions to the management.
- Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently
- Refer any complicated issues requiring specialist review to the Radiologist
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines to minimize risk of exposure to ionizing radiation while complying with relevant infection control and safety policies
- Undertake any other duties assigned incidental to the work described herein.
Qualifications, Experience and Competence:
- A minimum of a Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences/ Sonography Radiography/Imaging Sciences
- Registered with the Society of Radiographers in Kenya
- Radiation Protection Board of Kenya.
- Minimum of three years’ progressive experience as a Radiographer.
- Must possess a valid license.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & customer care skills
- Relevant working experience an added advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- A good team player with good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent computer and communication skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured