Driver – RAY Project
Driver & Transport Services
Facilitate safe staff movement to and from various destinations
- Minimum Qualification:Highschool
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
The driver, under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Officer, will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Facilitate safe staff movement to and from various destinations.
- Transport parcels and goods between head office and the various field offices and vice-versa on a need basis.
- Facilitate safe movement of Practical Action approved visitors to and from assigned destinations.
- Safe driving while obeying all traffic regulations.
- Adhere to Practical Action’s visibility protocols at all times.
- Clean assigned vehicle at regular intervals to ensure expected vehicle cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections (oil levels, battery water etc.).
- Fuel the vehicle as required.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicle when required.
- Ensure that the vehicle is sent for service at the prescribed time.
- Recommend major service or external maintenance requirements for the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle is in serviceable condition at all times.
Record Keeping and Documentation
- Maintain vehicle records (mileage, service requirements etc.) accurately.
- Prepare and present in a timely manner the monthly vehicle usage report detailing trip details, mileage, fuel consumption and service details.
- Prepare accident or incident reports for the line manager for necessary action.
- Ensure that the vehicle insurance is appropriate and valid.
- Ensure personal driving license is valid at all times.
- Ensure that the statutory inspection of the vehicle is carried on accordingly.
- Providing safety briefings to all passengers when necessary to ensure passenger safety (seat belt use etc.).
- Assist passengers with luggage when necessary.
- Provide passengers with information when asked.
- Drivers are expected to make suitable decisions relating to the safety and efficient transportation of all passengers and goods. Decisions must conform to general driving safety guidelines.
- Outside of safe and efficient transportation of passenger or goods, decision making must be in line with instructions received and must support the supervisor’s and organisational goals and objectives.
- The jobholder is expected to exercise due diligence when entrusted with banking and messengerial activities.
- Petty cash may be allocated for sundry payments from time to time and the job holder must ensure safe keeping of the same up to the point of use. All allocated petty cash must be accounted for monthly ensuring that any unused amounts of petty cash are refunded in full within the stipulated timeframes
- Contributing to ensuring safeguarding in the organization and in the project areas
- Reducing the risk of harm and abuse in the field
- Reporting all safeguarding incidents they see, hear, hear about or suspect, to the Area Coordinator – Lake Basin
- Complying with all safeguarding framework policies and practices
Experience & Knowledge
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE)
- Minimum valid Kenya driver’s license Class (B, C, E)
- Minimum of 3 years accident-free driving experience
- Must be of good conduct demonstrated through a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Must be sober, courteous, honest and of high integrity.
- Good communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Willing to work long and / or odd hours as duty may demand.
- Able to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Able to use and read maps effectively for directions.
- Good time management skills and judgement.
- Commitment and understanding of reducing the risk of safeguarding incidents
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured