The Recruitment Officer position will be tasked with delivery of end to end recruitment process for the MSF Eastern Africa portfolio based on the needs of Operational centers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization created in 1971. MSF aids populations in distress, victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF Eastern Africa (MSF EA) is the regional institutional office for
MSF in East Africa, based in Nairobi. The office focuses on
representation and networking, including with humanitarian organisations
and authorities, recruiting and supporting staff in & from the
region, communications and fundraising, as well as on other dossiers of
importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI),
mutualization, trainings, medical operational support and environmental
You can learn more about MSF on our website or via our digital channels – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
In this context, we are looking for a Recruitment Officer for East Africa based in Nairobi.
Recruitment & Talent attraction area is part of the MSF EA HR core pillars, that supports all staff from Eastern Africa recruited as either HQ (in MSF EA office) or International mobile staff to support MSF’s global workforce needs in different countries of operations. MSF EA has been mandated by the movement to carry out recruitment and support of these staff, this has been ongoing and is being progressively scaled up since 2017 (formerly by the Nairobi Branch office).
Through close collaboration with Operational entities in the Eastern Africa region, MSF EA further supports initiatives towards local and regional talent attraction that will enhance staff recruitment, mobility and development.
The Recruitment Officer position will be tasked with delivery of end to end recruitment process for the MSF Eastern Africa portfolio based on the needs of Operational centers. The position will further support operational desks specific needs (OCP desk) in the region and locally, including expatriation and detachment of staff, as well as specific adhoc recruitment needs.
The recruiter officer plays a key role in staying abreast with MSF´s global & regional operational HR needs based on the trends, conducting candidate assessments, conducting interviews, advising on new recruitment approaches and making recruitment decisions.
The Recruitment Officer reports to the Regional Recruitment & Talent acquisition manager EA and functionally to the Operational center recruiter (Paris). He /she will collaborate with the office HR manager for HQ recruitment, Talent attraction specialist Rwanda and Burundi for specific profiles and career manager for placements. He/she will link frequently with other MSF Operational Centre HQ recruitment referents for field needs.
Main objectives of the role
- Participate in the definition of the East Africa regional recruitment/Talent attraction strategy and put in place the appropriate means of awareness-raising according to MSF's operational needs.
- Negotiate and monitor the participation of the East Africa recruitment team in recruitment needs for the Operational Center of Paris (OCP) and any another OC as defined by the manager.
- Provide the necessary support for specific needs of the OCP cell in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focal point MSF/France: Be in regular contact with the Paris Recruitment Service to determine MSF/East Africa's contribution to recruitment needs for OCP, monitor achievements and respond to specific and urgent needs.
- Recruitment Referent for OCP Cell in Nairobi: The primary contact of the Nairobi unit/Cell in order to know the recruitment needs and to propose and set up the necessary supports: opening/closing of the project, opening of specific positions, gaps in the field, supporting with recruitment surge in the field, briefings/debriefings of the CoRh and admin, etc.
- Being part of HR department of MSF EA: Feed the quantitative and qualitative statistical data of the activity, and actively participate in department meetings and activities. Support and actively participate to any situation that may lead to a change in the activity, including an emergency replacement in the field.
- Recruitment: Manage the field applications from the East Africa zone assigned and guarantee the application of recruitment procedures with specific attention to the Nairobi cell field staff. Support the managers of MSF / France for the recruitment of regional positions.
- Mobility and Expatriation: In collaboration with the Learning and Development Managers/ Advisors, participate in the identification of talents and growth of National Key staff to join the pools, follow and give a support to set up detachments in order to prepare Local Hired Staff to expatriation.
- Adaptation of processes and methodology: Regarding the operational field needs of MSF, analyze the methodology and procedures and propose the necessary adaptations to the evolution of the activity on the ground.
- Sensitization & networking: In close collaboration with the recruitment department of MSF/France and under the responsibility of the Head of the HR in MSF EA, you define and implement awareness-raising in the East Africa region.
- Training: Participate in certain MSF training sessions and lead information meetings, info-sessions, Preparation for departure (PPD).
- Involvement in the various transversal projects carried out by the department: Provide support to key projects undertaken by the Unit/departments to advance the staffing needs.
Qualifications & experience required
- A degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Business Administration and Management or similar branches.
- Experience in recruitment within an international context with INGOs is desirable.
- Experience in recruitment of medical and paramedical positions is a plus.
- Experience using several applicant tracking systems and databases, job boards and digital media for recruitment.
- Good level of Excel and other MS Office tools.
- Have at least one year of field experience, at least 2 missions with MSF, including experience & key roles in MSF Coordination team.
Languages: Excellent command of English language. Working knowledge of French and Arabic is an asset.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
A full-time employment contract as soon as possible through MSF East Africa Section Office in Nairobi. An annual salary of KES 2,974,271 based on a full time appointment.
Social benefit package; Other benefits include: 25 days of annual leave, Employer Pension contribution, Medical insurance etc based on MSF EA terms/conditions.
How to apply
Please send your application (covering letter and CV) by 5 February 2023 inclusive to https://www.msf.fr/en/get-involved/work-with-us/all-employment-opportunities/recruitment-officer-for-east-africa.
Only candidates whose applications are selected will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured